12840 Bridle Bit Rd.
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80908
Nestled on a lush five-acre lot in Black Forest with mountain views, this close-in French Country home represents the ultimate in quality finishes and main level living. Designed by highly acclaimed architect Bennett Strahan, built by Gary Gregoire and professionally decorated by Joni Bader, the home captures the essence of elegant but comfortable Colorado living. Special features include an impressive foyer with free-floating circular staircase, an exquisite great room with a 20’ ceiling, a main level master suite with a sumptuous bathroom and premier outdoor living. Conveniently located, the home enjoys close proximity to I-25, hospitals, Flying Horse Country Club, Denver Tech Center, shopping, restaurants and downtown Colorado Springs. Lovingly built with exceptional detail for the current owners, the home is being offered for sale for the first time. This home for sale is located at 12840 Bridle Bit Rd. At a Glance:
- 5 Acres with views of the mountains, Pikes Peak and the Cadet Chapel at the Air Force Academy.
- Fabulous landscaping with automatic sprinkler & drip system. Special landscape features include gravel paths, a water feature, grove of fruit trees, various evergreens and two unusual tri-color beech trees.
- Ideal horse pasture that’s approximately 2 acres with fencing on two sides
- Stucco exterior with charming window shutters and stone accents.
- Concrete tile roof
- Inviting covered front entry porch that boasts a tiled floor, knotty alder front door with stone surround and a peaked cedar ceiling with chandelier. There is a second front porch – also covered – that is ideal for outdoor dining. This porch is accessed from the dining room.
- Expansive rear deck with wrought-iron railings. The deck’s floor is a combination of tile and Brazilian iron wood. Deck is accessed from the living room, the master suite and the kitchen area.
- Oversized, side-loaded 4-car garage with adjoining green house
- Concrete driveway with circular turn-around, ample guest parking and stamped concrete accents.
- 7,829 square feet with 3,331 square feet on the main level
- 5 bedroom suites, 7 bathrooms
- Central Vac
- Sound system throughout to include the rear deck and lower patio.
- Hand textured walls; Solid knotty alder doors; Custom knotty alder woodwork
- Pella windows with built-in interior shades
- 6-zone in-floor radiant heat for the tiled areas on the main and basement levels; 3 furnaces (one in attic, one in basement bedroom/bonus room closet and one in utility room with humidifier); Central air on main and upper
- Water softener and PH conditioner
The heart of the home is the stunning great room that boasts a 20’ ceiling, a bay of windows and a lovely limestone fireplace with gas logs. This room also has a soft beige carpet with a leaf motif and a walkout to the expansive rear deck.
Main Level Details:
- Setting the stage for more good things to come, the impressive foyer features travertine floors with a beveled “pillow” edge, a massive circular chandelier and a dramatic free-floating circular staircase with curved stairs and a wrought-iron railing with faux painted copper accents.
- To the left of the foyer, the large formal dining room awaits. The dining room offers a peaked, beamed ceiling with chandelier; wide-plank hardwood floors and French doors that open to the cozy covered porch/nook on the front of the home. An arched stone doorway leads to the kitchen area and adjoining hearth room.
- A cook’ delight, the gourmet kitchen opens to a cozy hearth room and a breakfast nook. This entire area has tiled floors. The hearth room features an inviting stone fireplace with gas logs and a custom “Wattle and Straw” flu that enhances the home’s French country character. Additionally, the hearth area has French doors that access the expansive rear deck and a wall of alder bookcases. The breakfast nook features a coved ceiling with alder molding, chandelier and faux painted ivy accents. The nook also offers deck access, a sunny bay of windows and a built-in desk with file drawer.
- Designed by Randy Hall, the gourmet kitchen features a sage green center isle and inset cabinetry in a pleasing combination of alder wood and cream. All the countertops in the kitchen are slab granite. The center isle has an icemaker, wine cooler, raised counter seating and a stainless steel sink with instant hot and an adjoining colander/ strainer bowl. Additional kitchen appliances include a microwave, Sub Zero refrigerator/freezer, Kitchen Aid dishwasher and a Dacor stainless stove with 6 gas burners and double convection ovens. The tiled backsplash behind the stove has an imported Italian tile mural. The custom flu over the stove houses a 3-speed exhaust fan and has a faux ivy motif that mirrors the breakfast nook ceiling. Don’t miss the pull-out spice cabinets on either side of the stove’s back splash! Amazing detail!
- Off the kitchen, an arched entry with stone trim leads to a walk-in pantry, the laundry room, the garage and a back staircase to the lower level.
- The walk-in pantry features a large sink, small refrigerator, tiled floors, white cabinetry and storage shelves
- The laundry room, which comes complete with a Maytag washer and dryer, offers a tiled floor, tiled counter, sink, white cabinetry and convenient toilet located behind a privacy wall.
- Located to the right of the foyer, the powder room has a travertine tiled floor with beveled “pillow” edge, crown molding and a custom travertine vanity base with blown glass vessel sink.
- Next to the powder room, there is a handsome office finished in alder wood. The office offers an impressive box-beam ceiling, wide-plank hardwood floors, built-in desk, wood paneled walls, bookcases and a bay of windows.
- Across from the office, you’ll find the lovely master suite. The master bedroom boasts wide-plank hardwood floors, crown molding, ceiling fan, and gas fireplace with alder mantel flanked by bookcases and French doors that open to the expansive rear deck. The sumptuous master bath features raised dual vanities with inset alder cabinetry and slab limestone countertops. The bathroom floors are tiled with an inlaid border. A large tiled shower, water closet and Jason Air tub complete the master bath. The tub is built into a cozy bay with windows that frame the serene setting. Off the bath, there is a spacious walk-in closet with built-ins.
The impressive circular staircase goes to the upper level where a wide hallway leads to two bedroom suites. Open on both sides, the hallway overlooks both the foyer and the great room.
Upper Level Details:
- Both of the bedroom suites on this level enjoy private tiled bathrooms with water closets and walk-in closets.
- Off the hallway there is also a loft/office area. This area features built-in bookcases, a built-in desk and a charming alcove with window.
Walkout Lower Level
The lower level features a fabulous rec room that opens to a covered flagstone patio with hot tub. In addition to the walkout, the rec room boasts a wood-burning, floor-to-ceiling stone fireplace with alder mantel and a wet bar. The wet bar has inset alder cabinetry, slab granite countertop, refrigerator and wine fridge.
Lower Level Details:
- At the base of the spiral staircase, a tiled oval with inlaid star burst provides a pleasing visual to the spiral opening from the lower level to the upper level.
- Off the rec room there is a large bathroom that has a spacious alder vanity with arched ceiling above and a slab travertine countertop. This bathroom also has tiled floors, a tiled shower and private water closet. The adjacent guest bedroom/ bonus room has direct access to the bathroom.
- The adjacent guest bedroom/bonus room has a walk-in closet and French doors that open to the rear patio with hot tub.
- A second guest suite on this level has a French door walkout, a walk-in closet and a private 5-piece tiled bath. This bath room has a separate shower, water closet and a Jason Air Tub.
- Large media room that is prewired for home theater equipment.
- Storage closet under the stairs that houses the home’s sound and security systems.
- Two storage rooms, one with 8’ X 8’ safe room
- Utility room with water softener, PH conditioner, furnace with humidifier and the boiler for the hot water.