255 Ellsworth Street
Located in the Broadmoor Spires on a private treed lot with mountain and city views, this custom home boasts a stunningly open floor plan with contemporary ambiance. Beautifully maintained, the home boasts exceptional quality and attention to detail. Hardwood and tiled floors, a wrap-around view deck, five gas fireplaces (one is double-sided), vaulted ceilings with wood beams and lots of architectural interest complement the home. Offered at $719,000 At a Glance:
- Built by Carl Branan, a highly respected Colorado Springs’ builder
- Large .69 Acre lot with mountain and city views
- Stucco exterior, Concrete tiled roof
- 53 Pella windows for amazing natural light
- Covered entry with wood door flanked by glass side lights
- 5 Fireplaces with gas logs
- Wrap-around deck with covered area and hot tub
- 5,171 Square feet with 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, main level office (or 5th bedroom)
- 3-car garage
- Extras include an Olhausen pool table, Marantz audio amplifiers for sound system, hot tub
- Forced air heat with 3 zones (one on each level); Central air; Two hot water heaters
- The main level boasts a vaulted ceiling that has a center wood beam. This vaulted ceiling expands from the entrance hall and living room all the way to the kitchen and family room.
- The entrance hall, which has tiled floors with a slate diamond inlay, opens to the living room and dining room. To right is the kitchen and hearth area. To the left is the office (or 5th bedroom), a full bath, the laundry room and a staircase that leads to the master suite on the upper level.
- The carpeted living room has a wall of windows that frame the wonderful city views and an impressive floor-to-ceiling stacked stone fireplace with gas logs. The fireplace is two-sided and also opens to the dining room.
- In addition to the fireplace and view windows, the spacious dining room offers hardwood floors and a chandelier.
- The well-designed kitchen opens to a casual dining area and a cozy family room. This entire area has tiled floors. The kitchen features granite tiled countertops, cherry cabinetry, a pantry and a center isle with Thermador gas cooktop with 5 burners. Additional kitchen appliances (all stainless) include double ovens, dishwasher, microwave and refrigerator. Between the kitchen and the hearth room there is a spacious counter that provides a great workspace in addition to counter seating. The adjoining casual dining area enjoys a sunny bay of windows with mountain views and a walkout to the wrap-around deck.
- The family room has a peaked beamed ceiling with ceiling fan, a fireplace with gas logs and a sliding glass door to the back deck that wraps around to the side. The deck has a spacious covered area and a hot tub.
- To the left of the foyer, you’ll find French doors that lead to an office. The office enjoys city views and a corner fireplace with gas logs. Since this room has a closet, it could be used as a bedroom.
- Tiled bathroom with cherry cabinetry and a shower.
- Big laundry room with tiled floor, big double broom closet and sink. (Note: the laundry room has both electric and gas hook-ups for your washer and dryer)
- The entire upper level is reserved for the luxurious master suite. The master bedroom offers a corner gas fireplace, a peaked ceiling and double doors that lead to the sumptuous master bath. As you approach the master bath, there are two walk-in closets…one on either side. The focal point of the master bath is a huge glass block circular shower. The bathroom area has tiled floors and also offers raised dual Cherrywood vanities with tiled countertops, a water closet and a jetted tub with tiled surround. To the left of the bath area, there is a carpeted exercise area.
Walkout Lower Level:
- 9 to 10’ Ceilings
- The focal point of the lower level is the spacious rec room that has two distinct areas. On area is ideal for a pool table. The other area, which opens to the lower patio, is great for relaxing and watching TV. This area has a gas fireplace, a wall of built-ins that house an entertainment center and a wet bar. The wet bar has cherry cabinets, a small refrigerator, tiled floor and a tiled countertop with counter seating.
- Two guest bedrooms that share a large tiled bathroom with shower. This bathroom also services the rec room.
- Guest bedroom with walk-in closet and private full bath with tiled floor and tiled countertop.
- Utility/ storage room.